Join Te Uru gallery director Andrew Clifford for a tour and history of Titirangi's twin landmarks – Lopdell House and Te Uru Waitakere Contemporary Gallery.
Lopdell House began life as Hotel Titirangi in 1930. After a time as an education facility, it was redeveloped and opened as an arts centre in 1986. In 2014, a purpose-built gallery was opened alongside, starting a new chapter in the history of this heritage site.
Te Uru is now a destination gallery of national significance and marks the fulfillment of the local community’s vision for a thriving West Auckland art scene.
Image: Lopdell Precinct, 2010, Mitchell & Stout Architects
BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED